...sorry about that, if you've missed me.
I am now, you'll be pleased to know, back with a vengeance and raring to go! Or something like that. It seems that I haven't told you what i'm up to for an entire month, so here's a quick summary:
- took a few little quizzes, and managed to pass finals (WOOP!)
- had a week of R&R which mainly involved doing nothing, and was blissful
- surrogate parented 28 Scouts in the Swiss alps, which was a little on the stressful side, but very cool nonetheless
- had an interview for an academic foundation job in Leicester (which went half well and half badly, and I have to wait another ten days for the outcome)
- sat through two weeks of entirely unnecessary 'prep for final year' classes, which mainly involved being told things I already knew
- interspersed all this with catching up with several friends who have been long lamenting my disappearance off the face of the sociable Earth and into textbooks, and plotting to get my sister to come and live with me - which was SUCCESSFUL! (This is excellent and exciting news, you understand)
That's pretty much me. I'm now teetering on the edge of starting final year proper, doing the pre-requisite ironing of shirts and planning complex train journeys before starting my Emergency Medicine rotation at Frimley Park tomorrow. This is all after a very enjoyable Saturday celebrating a birthday and ending with a late night, followed by an early start to get back home to take delivery of a bookcase (thankyou Daddy dearest). Believe it or not, even the bookcase is exciting - I've had a stack of book-filled boxes in my room for several months, and now I won't have to anymore - hurrah!
So, I'm going to go get on with very boring domestic chores. I will leave you with some advice, however, regarding a pet peeve:
Ladies - it is not attractive to sit on the tube applying three inches of makeup. You pull very strange faces while you do it. People around you become mesmerised, and not in a good way (I know this, because I caught the eye of a fellow observer and we both struggled not to laugh out loud) waiting to see whether the next jolt of the train will result in you poking your eye out with a mascara brush. 8.30 on a Sunday morning is, of all times, an allowable one to have a bare face. Not least because you didn't look any better once it was complete than you had when you started, you only looked fake. If you absolutely must wear a full pack at all times, get up earlier and do it at home. I don't brush my teeth in public, so I don't see why you have to paint your face.
That is all :)
Sunday, 5 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment