Having been flicking through my notebooks and found them, I thought i'd share a few bullet point reflections with you. Enjoy!
LIST #1: AMBO
I went out with an ambulance crew as their 'third man' for a day, and discovered...
1. Blues and twos driving is terrifying, very impressive, and I want to learn to do it.
2. Ambulance service personnel do a tough job, and are quite justified in their widespread dissatisfaction.
3. Never knowing what you'll find at the next call really keeps you awake.
4. Many drivers have no idea how to react appropriateley when they hear emergency vehicle sirens behind them - this really needs to be addressed by driving instructors or someone.
5. SVT (a life-threatening abnormal heart rhythm) in real life is as scary as the books make it sound.
6. If you see a seasoned ambo looking worried - do what they tell you or get the hell out of the way. Those guys are not easily shaken.
LIST #2: WHY HOSPICES ARE GREAT
1. Everyone is nice to you, and genuine about it.
2. There are cups of tea and peace and quiet.
3. They have decent soap and soft hand towels (lovely in general, but on a personal note meant that my hands weren't raw after three days like they are in hospitals).
4. Being there reminds me to be thankful for every day I am allowed to enjoy living.
Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment