I am: exhausted after a crazy week, but very excited to have a little brother!
Konrad Eric made his surprisingly early entrance to the world on Tuesday 31st May, just in time for lunch. Having now met him, I can tell you first hand and for definite that he is very wriggly, impossibly cute, has a heart shaped birthmark on his tummy, and constantly pulls funny faces. I like all of these things, and so find myself in the awkward position of not wanting to stop looking at him. (Awkward, of course, because he lives 35 miles and an hour's drive away, is still in hospital so visiting hours are limited, and I have to sit final finals in a week...)
At the moment he and his Mum are still in the hospital (and desperate to get out!). Because he came a bit early, there have been a few little issues - newborn jaundice, which means Dad's been talking about his 'sunbed' all week, temperature regulation, which means he's in an incubator at 33 degrees and sleeping all the time, and not feeding so well. Thankfully, all these things are sorting themselves out now, so we're hoping Dad and Kasha will be able to take him home any day. He's great, and we all love him lots, and his parents are deservedly very proud of him. They're also suffering seriously from sleep deprivation, but that's another story.
Anyway. Awkwardness aside, my little brother is awesome, and I can't wait to see him at home where I can finally have a cuddle! (And, now I've seen one person's spluttering face having made an assumption that she should have known better about, am quite looking forward to the entertainment of explaining our family relationships and watching the ensuing confusion. Yes, I'm twenty-six and he's a week old. Yes, I'm his big sister. No, not his aunt, and no, definitely not his mum.)
Until I get to see you again - welcome to the world, Konrad!
Monday, 6 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks, sis, great to be here. just to let you know that I'm feeling much better and the jaundice is gone - don't have to stay on the sunbed any more, although dad says the tan is coming along nicely. I've started eating better too, so hopefully it won't be long before we all go home and I can check out this 'crib' that they keep on about - just a house, innit? Looking forward to going out with you and AJ (hope she's feeling better too) and totally blowing minds, lol!! See you soon, Konrad.
ReplyDelete