I would be very grateful for tonight to not include any or all of:
- two hours tossing and turning when I get into bed, despite having come close to falling asleep on the sofa with the telly on
- an inexplicable half hour awake at 4am
- dreams about kids with asthma, prescribing morphine and diabetic ketoacidosis
I realise some people sleep this badly most of the time. However, I do not, and am not used to surviving on 4 hours of interrupted sleep a night in an average week, let alone during pre-finals revision.
Please, brain, just switch off at bedtime tonight. I'll love you more tomorrow.
Sunday, 18 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Try going for a run before bed - I used to think that the exercise would wake me up so I wouldn't sleep (which it certainly does, hence I enjoy morning exercise usually) - but actually when my brain is busy busy busy, I find it helps me to switch off and so in the run up to exams I tend to switch to evening exercise and sleep much better for it.
ReplyDelete