I AM: utterly worn out
Well well - first blog post in a million years! That must mean I'm through with some of my mammoth tasks for this month, right? RIGHT.
I've been rather busy preparing for finals, finishing up hospital placements for this year, and applying for jobs. Mainly. In joyous news, my written exams finished yesterday (although the jury is very much out on how confident i'm feeling about the results - general consensus is that the papers were not what we'd been told they'd be, and i'm far from certain that I knew enough to overcome that), and I just this minute submitted the last academic programme application form. Hooray! Just OSCEs (practical exams) and an interview presentation to contend with now, then...
OSCEs make me very nervous, for some reason. Never had a problem with exams, at all, ever, until my first one of those. Now I'm seriously considering Rescue Remedy to overcome the nausea and palpitations. The exams involve examining/taking histories from/explaining things to/performing procedures on a series of patients/actors/models, watched by eerily silent examiners with clipboards and hurried along by violent buzzers and invigilators shouting 'change stations!' every five minutes. Maybe that's the reason - when I put it into so many words it does sound pretty terrifying...
I have been compiling a long list of things I'll blog about, so look forward to more interesting reading soon. For now, since it's the first time in weeks I've been able to relax guilt-free, I'm going to put together poached eggs on toast, find something trashy to watch on television, and enjoy them both from the comfort of the sofa and my pyjamas.
Cheerio!
Friday, 30 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment