Just found 'a thing what I wrote' well over a year ago. A slightly sad summary of montage cases from a week on take in medical admissions. As always, names and identifying features have been changed.
Robert, 72, cheerful with chest pain.
It happens a lot, but when it didn't go off,
I thought I'd better come in.
Mary, 49 (but her body's much older).
I've had diabetes since I was 8.
Can't really feel my feet at all now.
Nearly died from that infected toe.
Mrs A, 89, simple pneumonia, not coping at home.
Husband has Parkinson's.
Mind, lassie - no resuscitation. I've had enough.
Kathleen, 68, mulitple arrhythmias.
My heart keeps stopping, they tell me.
All I know is I keep waking up scared and being sick, feeling like I'll die.
Joan, 76, metastatic ovarian cancer.
The chemo makes my mouth hurt. They gave me mouthwash.
I feel so sick.
Alan, 25, fifth paracetamol overdose this month.
I think they're getting sick of me.
Every time I tell them I know it's stupid - but I don't know else to get her to listen.
William, 88, off legs.
Took a tumble yesterday.
Don't think I hit my head.
Just can't seem to keep my balance, these days.
James, 79, acute confusion.
Where are we? Well, we're....we're...in hospital.
What day? I don't know, they're all the same to me.
Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Slightly sad? I feeling like never waking up after reading that...
ReplyDelete