I AM: trying to amuse myself without distracting others who are trying to be more studious...
First day of surgery today was...somewhat disappointing. But I'm hopeful it will improve. At least I get to do it at Flinders and don't have to go out to a different hospital where there are few students and I have to get up considerably earlier. I'm assigned to one of the two hepatobiliary teams, which means i'm going to be learning a lot about livers, pancreases and the guts that hang around with them. There are opportunities to go see some other surgery and clinics though, so it's all good. I've suddenly developed an interest in orthopaedics, oddly. Not sure where that came from, but I shall go and see some and will probably be put off by the power tools.
Last week was absurdly busy - only spent one evening in my house! Very enjoyable though. Comedy shows, movies, birthday drinks and dancing, beach lounging and swimming, squash, barbeque, gymming... all generally great. Being busy makes me happy. I must start taking photos again though, otherwise I won't remember properly and you won't believe me. Hmm.
What else to tell? The sun's back, after a bit of a weather lull last week. Enough that I swam in the sea and enjoyed it on Saturday! It was goooooooood. And gave me a good appetite for fish and chips. I've been cooking lots, so now have a well stocked freezer just like we do at home, which is very nice to know when I get home late and hungry. I've just about made up my mind to get a road bike when I get home and conquer the journey to St Helier next term with it. And i'm a bit sad that I have to leave Adelaide. I'm not sure my friends entirely believed me the other day when I told them I'd stay for the rest of the year given half a chance. I would though. No offence, fair British readers, but I like it here. The sun shines, the company is great, and i'm more relaxed than i've been in a long time.
That seems like a good note to end on, other than to say i'm thinking of you in Blackpool xxxxx
Monday, 15 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment