Tuesday, 29 June 2010

The first test?

I AM: very cross!

Advance warning: I am about to rant.

Some of you may know, I'm in the process of applying for jobs. This is a pretty stressful business in itself, but today it reached the pinnacle of infuriating.

A certain foundation school, which will remain nameless despite my desire to shame it, has a local application procedure which involves completing an online form. Not a problem so far. Unfortunately, they were too damned lazy to bother writing said form especially for the job I'm applying for, and instead have asked me and other budding foundation doctors to fill in the one they use for recruiting specialty trainees (at least two years further ahead in career terms). This means that several questions don't really apply, so have to be answered in a roundabout way. There's also a form that I have to download and get filled in by the medical school - the link to which is broken. Most importantly, I'm stuck unable to see and complete the second half of my form until I tell them about my current job...which I don't have because I'm not qualified yet.

This is frustrating enough, but you haven't heard the best of it. I figured I need some guidance about this rather than just put in my medical school's details and hope for the best, and soon since the deadline is noon on Friday (2nd July), so I emailed the contact. I just recieved the following in reply:

Thank you for your email. I will be on annual leave from 24th June but will be back at my desk on Monday 5th July.

AAAAAARRGGGHHHH! Looks like i'll be spending tomorrow morning on the phone chasing my tail.

I'm really not sure I want to work for an organisation this idiotic. I'd probably have to call the finance office to remind them to pay me every month.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAARRGGGHHH indeed! I'd like to tell you it will all get better... but I can't.

    Hugs though!

    ReplyDelete