Wednesday, 2 June 2010

We like medicine today

I AM: in an excellent mood, marred only by being home alone with no one to share it with.

This is because today has thus far contained lots of good things:

1. The sun is shining. 'Bout time too.

2. I was complimented on my doctoring by a patient (apparently I'll make an excellent GP, and I'm a good communicator - it seems all that fluff they teach us does indeed matter to patients!)

3. I sat in on a clinic and knew some answers. I also followed ward round and knew some answers.

4. A pretty cool surgeon gave me some sound career advice.

5. Half a dozen teaching fellows and consultants, along with someone in charge of medical education at the hospital (I think he said he's the 'sub-Dean', but that makes no sense to me) failed to scare me into not standing up for my gang of students and telling them truthfully what we think is wrong with their rotation.

6. I cycled to the hospital and back so feel righteous.

7. Prints of my photos from Aus arrived, and they are beautiful.

8. I have a Plan (with a capital P) for the rest of the week and most of next, which is going to involve seeing lots and lots of medicine happening.

So many happy things. Just you try and bring me down, big bad world!

No comments:

Post a Comment