Sunday, 3 January 2010

It starts...

Hello folks!

So, this is the beginning of me blogging... The idea is that I write something here every now and again while I'm away to either reassure you I'm alive and well, or remind you I exist, depending on the reliability of your memory. I'm doing it this way for several reasons:
1. There are lots of you and only one of me
2. I never get around to writing letters
3. I hate using a telephone
4. I will blather too much for facebook to be a useful tool
5. I already have several scrapbook-come-diaries 'in progress', and reckon an electronic version might be tidier

Right now it's 10 days until my flight takes off, and it's all getting a bit real. I've spent the last few weeks saying goodbye to people, which is far too sad. Have to keep reminding myself that I'm a sad sap and I'm only going to be gone three months, which is a short while in the grand scheme of things, and will fly by.

I still have a long list of things to do preparation wise, which I'm sure won't come as a surprise! This is not helped by the fact I still have a week of an A&E placement to do. Hey ho - last minute is my style!

Anyway. For now - you know where to find my rambling if you're interested. Come back in a few weeks to find out how well I didn't cope with two days on a plane and being abruptly deposited in a considerably warmer climate!

See ya soon. Lesley xx

P.S. - told you i'd blather on. I sincerely promise this to be a sign of things to come.

1 comment:

  1. What is the melting points of Lesleyfishes? Are you sure you will be able to survive?

    ReplyDelete