Sunday, 17 January 2010

Journeying

Copied from my awesome Christmas present travel journal...

16/1/10
0840 (local time)

I AM: sitting outside Sydney airport taking my first muggy breaths of Australian air!

First things first, a note to self and piece of advice for the rest of you - next time you take it into your head to make a long haul journey by plane, work out in advance whether it will result in you experiencing two nights consecutively with no day in between. If this is the case, BOOK A DIFFERENT FLIGHT.

That said, I feel surprisingly OK now. To keep it brief about the journey:

1. Cathay Pacific have decent food and a good selection of movies and TV shows to keep a person entertained - I'd thoroughly recommend them.
2. Hong Kong is precisely as I left it - efficient, clean, and with lots of people strutting about in uniforms.
3. Aussies are sticklers for customs and quarantine. I was afraid they were going to make me open my suitcase to show/give them my emergency lollipops, and I had to declare my paracetamol and stethoscope...
4. It is SO nice to be outside again! Especially when it's 20-odd degrees and breezy!)

There was then a rant about domestic flights being a pain in the ass, but you're not interested in that. Suffice to say that Tiger Airways = Aussie equivalent of Ryanair - and you know how much I love that particular enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment