Friday, 5 February 2010

I wanna be Rocksoccing!

I AM: extremely tired (it's 2120and i've been cosidering going to bed for a good hour....)

Just a quick one, and it's likely to be jumbled, so apologies in advance. Also, don't worry if I sound sad, it's mainly because I need some sleep.

So, yes, I want to be Rocksoccing, or bouncing about in the pub with my friends, or just giggling at home. I miss having people I feel close to around me :( That, and I feel like dancing! I'm sure i'll work out where to go and who to go with, and feel better, but for now I am stumped by both problems. Was invited ot tonight, for beach/dinner/drinks, but simply too tired to face the journey there and back,esp since it's somewhere I aven't been before and involves buses which are sparse. So, yes, that's that.

I'm in the process of writing postcards/emails/letters, but would love to hear from you guys in the meantime. I miss people hugging me, and in jokes, and knowing there is always an option for someone to have fun with. Boo.

In chirpier news, I've been learning lots of Aussie-isms today, the best of which may have been an idiosyncrasy rather than dialectical, but still, here it is:
"He'll be as mad as a frog in a sock!"

I laughed for a full five minutes.

xxxx

P.S. Have just seen the weather forecast - 35 degrees tomorrow. Phew! Bang goes my lie in (or sleep in, as it's apparently called, since 'lie in is weird, you don't just lie there, you sleep!')

1 comment:

  1. Quick update - apparently frogs in socks is an Aussie thing, but only used by people who are, and I quote, "a bit out there". So there we are. I had a new one today, less funny but interesting in it's parallels - 'it's not all beer and skittles, you know'....

    ReplyDelete