Thursday, 25 February 2010

One for the girls

I AM: disappointed by the realisation that looking better than you did isn't quite the same as looking good

I ordered a swim suit, of the two piece variety such as I have never before worn in my adult life. Technically, I ordered two, and plan to keep the top of one and the bottom of the other, but that's by the by. It's very nice. I now just have to work up the courage to wear it, having once again been laughed at by the mirror when it didn't show me what I wanted it to! I wouldn't mind so much, but all my smart clothes are noticeably too big, and i'm still podgy round the middle. So what on earth did I look like at Christmas?!

Hmm. Must do sit ups. And go for another run tomorrow. And perhaps stop comparing myself to the stunners I go to the beach with...

Things are otherwise alright here, by the way. It's nice to now have people to wave at and stop and chat to around uni. Trying to organise trip to Kangaroo Island next weekend, which will be cool if I work out I have enough money (if you're thinking of buying me a birthday present, how does a portion of an Aussie adventure sound? :) ) Not going to rabbit on, as tired, have much work to do tomorrow, and haven't ironed a shirt yet.

Wish there was better news from home, but we can't have it all I suppose. Chin up, everybody xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment